Saturday, January 30, 2016

Alone

This past Wednesday my wife flew to Florida to be with her daughter. Even though the girl was here a little while ago my wife thought it would be nice to be with her on her birthday. So, what does a good husband says at a time like this?

Go darling, have a good time! But really only meaning the first half of the sentence and not the second. Anyway, she went. And has been there ever since.

I could not go with her because there is no way to take Abigail out from school every time we want to go Florida and this time it would have been three days. So now I'm mom and pop to the little girl.

In short it ain't easy! But I am trying my best to fulfill her expectations of me.

My wife and I are both miserable being alone and apart from each other but thankfully tomorrow she is coming home. I can't wait to see her again and have her here next to me. When one loves somebody a lot you just don't want to let go no matter for how short a time.

I don't cook and that means that Abigail and I eat whatever we like. It was Popeye one night, lasagna from the Italian place the last night and today I think we are having ravioli. Tomorrow night we will have normal food again.

This is not a vacation. It is not easy to be alone and at the same time be responsible for another human being. But I gladly do it because this what a family is all about.

If I don't write tomorrow it must be understandable. I am looking forward to a long and sweet reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment