Thursday, January 21, 2016

Wednesday

Even though I'm aware of that I am fighting a losing battle deep down I know that I'm right for not liking electronic pay systems. Today was a perfect example why I'm against it.

My car lease payments are due on the 19th of each month. For some reason we scheduled the payment for the 19th of this month on January 2 of this year. Then subsequently since it was forgotten that the payment was already scheduled this payment was again submitted a few days ago.

Result was that this morning I found a very dangerously low balance on the bank account. Upon further investigation I found that the car payment was deducted twice by the bank because it was twice paid.

I called the leasing company and they told me that at this stage there was nothing they could do. But since it was a double payment February is now considered paid. So there is a bright side of this saga but I am still against it. I still think the good old fashioned checks worked better. But hey, when I'm licked I capitulate.

As the weekend approaches news get more and more hysterical about the possibilities of a snowstorm on Saturday. Me personally, believe it when it gets here. I think the weather forecasters get to be paid off by the sanitation unions because the only ones who profit from these storms are the sanitation workers. They sit in their snow plow/salter trucks all night drinking coffee and hot chocolate and wait for the snow. And in the meantime getting overtime pay. And they have the nerve to ask the public to feel sorry for the poor overworked sanitation workers.

Nobody ever felt sorry for me in my working days when I had to work overtime, which included working seven days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment