Saturday, January 9, 2016

Friday, Birthday Eve

Today is the eve of my birthday and my family started the celebrations already. At my age birthdays are no big deals but it still feels very good when one is surrounded with love. I really can't complain because birthday or no birthday the love is there everyday.

Tonight we had a lovely dinner with the rest of the family meaning my wife's son and his girlfriend. We went to a very nice Polish restaurant the we found a few months ago. The restaurant is in a neighborhood that used to have a large Polish population but throughout the years that changed but thankfully the restaurant remained.

I had beef tartare for appetizer and roasted duck legs for main course. My wife had the world's best chicken noodle soup and Wiener schnitzel. Abigail had roasted bacon for appetizer and stuffed chicken breast while somebody else had stuffed mushrooms for appetizer and duck legs. Oh, and all the adults had good Polish beer.

In short the food was ample and very tasty. Their menu is long and that means when we go back, just the two of us, there is enough to chose from. And, it is not far from our home.

Tomorrow, Saturday we plan to go out again but this time just us two. We need some time for ourselves away from family and friends.

And day after tomorrow I will be a year older!

No comments:

Post a Comment