Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Sunday/Monday

I am not a tardy person but this time I have to say mea culpa because last night I just plain forgot to write. I am not promising that this will not happen again but I will make every effort for not to skip any day.

Yesterday we had a very lovely brunch with my former brother-in-law and current friend and his wife. The brunch was for my birthday and it was held in a nice Manhattan eatery. The weather was good, parking was no problem and we spent a good two and a half hour eating and talking. Haven't seen each other for a very long time so there was a lots of catching up to do.

My wife, Abigail and me ate well but abstained from dessert because we had an ulterior motive for after brunch.

And that was going in to the Hungarian pastry shop and have some good Hungarian pastry, which we did. My wife had a nice generous portion of chestnut puree, I had a humongous slice of poppy strudel while Abigail had a similarly humongous portion of apple strudel. Interestingly, we ate everything. Meaning the stuff must have been good.

By the time we left the pastry shop snow was coming down pretty strong. Not a blizzard but a good snow shower. January 17, that was the first snow for this winter season. It snowed on and off all night long and this morning there were areas covered and most of the cars on the street were blanketed. But unfortunately (for me) it didn't last and in spite of the cold by the end of the day most of it was gone.

Today is MLK Day and that is a national holiday. Some businesses are closed but I never had this day off when I was part of the working class. The only thing we noticed that traffic was lighter than usual.

Schools were closed today and because of this Abigail was home. It is totally fascinating how a 13 year old can piss a day away without doing anything useful. All day on the smart phone/tablet/Skype and God knows what else. Somewhere in this three day weekend the homeworks were squeezed in but I really don't know when and how.

As long as the good grades keep coming in I'm ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment