Monday, January 25, 2016

Tuxedo Madness

My friend who is on this around South America, three month long cruise keeps sending photographs from their stops and more interesting events. I think the pictures are only published when the ship is in port because he told me the Wi-Fi was very poor, unreliable and costly on their previous cruises.

I admit the pictures are very good, they look great and the food they take pictures of look appetizing, but...

So far he sent about six pictures where they were dressed to the nines. Him in tuxedo (a different one each time) and his wife in some kind of fancy evening dress. To me this is not a vacation where one is required to dress formal so many times and they are not even half way through their voyage.

To me this is an absolute nuisance. A vacation I my definition is where a person can be casual where a person is not required to carry much formal clothing and can spend most of the time in shorts and tee shirts. If it is a coronation I can see taking five or six tuxedos but on a cruise it is absolutely ridiculous. As I understand there are eight formal nights during this three month long cruise. Now if that is not stupid then I really don't know what is.

I am sure someone from the ship keeps a tab on what people are wearing to these fancy events and if necessary let the interested party know what was worn the previous times in order to avoid any fashion faux pas like wearing the same getup more than once.

I wouldn't even know how to pack all that clothing like six or seven tuxedos and all the other clothes on such a long trip and making it sure nothing gets wrinkled beyond repair.

Now here is my dilemma. The trip is almost three months long. There are at least three good meals a day on the ship plus in between snacks. What about if one puts one some extra weight and by the time the last fancy gala comes around nothing fits?

No comments:

Post a Comment