Thursday, July 9, 2015

Wednesday

Today is Wednesday and one good thing that happened was that I received my Social Security today. It is being paid every second Wednesday of the month and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that today was that day. I don't care what the rules are , money is always welcome in this house.

Yesterday, Tuesday we didn't do too much. I had a dentist appointment for my semi-annual checkup. Actually it was a thorough cleaning by the dental hygienist and a look see by the dentist. A while back the dentist used to do the cleaning and it always hurt. The hygienist did a very good job and it didn't hurt at all. Still this not one of my favorite procedures.

This dentist is a great guy. I have been going to him for years now. He accepts my insurance and never bills me for anything over what the insurance company reimburses him for.

Come on, money talks and the caravan stalls or something like it.

After the dentist we visited my friend again and stayed in his place for a while. I the afternoon we picked up Abigail who spent her day with her girl friends and went home. Nice dinner, after that a nice long walk in the neighborhood. The walk usually eases my conscience but if not at least I am tired.

It is not easy for a thirteen year old girl to be home all day. We do things that do not involve her thus she spends the better part of her day on her tablet or cell phone. A few times she goes over to a friend's house where they do the exact same things. When we want to go out she only agrees to come with us if there is something good in it for her.

Very shrewd operator.

1 comment:

  1. It’s great that you got your Social Security today. That's a very nice thing to wake up to in the morning. As for your dental visit, it’s great that the cleaning doesn’t hurt anymore, and that you are in good terms with your dentist. Good day!

    Jon Mack @ Gentle Dental Online

    ReplyDelete