Friday, July 3, 2015

Thursday

There is a persistent natural or unnatural phenomena that I find very interesting.

The prelude to that is that there is a Hungarian bon-bon (rumos meggy that is liqueur filled chocolate covered cherry. They fill these up with different type of liqueurs and believe me they taste phenomenal. This is not something one can get drunk on but rather something that makes chocolate eating a lots of fun.

Even though I do not like chocolate but I do love this delicacy. They sell similarly described things here but they just don't even come near the real thing. I think that is because the American laws control the alcohol contents in desserts.

Anyway, every time I visit Hungary I buy a box and slowly eat my way through that box by the end of the trip. The same thing was done during this time. I bought a box of liqueur filled chocolate covered cherry and when ever I had the chance I took one and ate it. It didn't make me sick, it didn't make me drunk, it didn't elevate my sugar.

It was just decadently good.

I bought a box to bring it home on the plain hoping for a good outcome.

Now here is the phenomena.

Every trip I purchased a box of these chocolates whenever I unpacked and opened their boxes the alcohol was gone. It just plainly disappeared and looked like it was just sucked out.

As far as I know nobody was lucky enough to bring such candy home. The smart ones said it was sucked out in the plain at the high altitude while the luggage was in the belly of the plane.

I was hoping that technology might have changed but no such luck. When we opened the candy box the stuff in it was dry and disgusting looking.

Now if anybody has a smart idea about bringing such thing on a plane and getting it here without damage I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment