Sunday, July 12, 2015

Saturday

Today is Saturday and yesterday was Friday. Friday was not a good day for me. I was overwhelmed by problematic events. My head is wollen to twice its size with the problems I have to handle.

Problem number one.

This should be titled Capitalism vs. God.

We are trying to arrange Abigail's bat mitzvah for sometimes in August in Florida. She has been taking Hebrew lessons in preparation for months now. The lessons were being taken through Skype with a lady teacher from Florida. A week ago the lady abruptly told Abigail that she would no longer offer the lessons.

No explanation, no offer for a substitute teacher, nothing. We couldn't understand what happened, but waited for a week. This morning I called the temple and inquired. I was told to talk to the rabbi which I did.

Actually I called the rabbi to ask to change the date for the bat mitzvah because first week of September would be a lot more convenient for us.

That was when the rabbi gave me today's first bad news. He told me that the temple didn't renew his and the lady teacher's contract for next year therefore, by the end of this month they were both out of their jobs. Very sad, now we have to find a solution for her bat mitzvah.

I guess at this time capitalism won over God.

Problem number two.

We had a date with a friend of mine to meet today at a neighborhood Sizzler Restaurant for lunch. We liked the place because we were able to sit there and talk for at least three hours without being disturbed. You can imagine our surprise when we found out that the restaurant permanently closed its doors. It was curious that when we drove into the parking lot there were no cars there but we didn't make the connection.

At the end it was ok because we went to a diner where we sat from lunch almost to dinner. But we all had a good conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment