Thursday, July 2, 2015

Wednesday

Yesterday was great day for me. I finally had the opportunity to immerse myself into the Atlantic Ocean. It was a beautiful day and after doing a few important chores we went out to the beach.

Got there a little after three pm and stayed until almost six o'clock. The sun was up, the water was very pleasant and being a weekday and afternoon there were no crowds.

I am a big chicken when it comes to cold or cool water. I am known to stand in the water for an enormous long time without immersion because it's just the way I am. But yesterday I went straight in. Well, almost. Not right there but waited only a few minutes.

We went to Jones Beach which is on the South shore of Long Island and the beach is onto the open ocean. That means there is a continuous supply of waves. Some big some small but they are all waves. One doesn't have the chance to linger in the waves too long because they either knock you over or just splash you from head to toe. That was the main reason I went in pretty fast.

Abigail didn't want to go in because didn't want her hair to get wet. That lasted about six minutes. She started her version of body surfing and at the end it was very hard to get her out of the water she liked it so much, hair getting wet long forgotten.

Today, this morning we noticed that we all got bitten a little by the sun. But that's fine. Next time we will take sun lotions and do some serious tanning time.

I guess Summer is here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment