Saturday, July 18, 2015

Friday

Today was Friday. Compared to yesterday it was almost a no-day. Nothing was planned, nothing was done. We "lingered" in bed until the coffee maker really stopped and the remaining coffee was cold(the coffee maker stops at 9 am).

After getting up and making a few phone calls we slowly started to get ready to go to the beach. It was planned and today turned out to be a beautiful day.

So, at the "wee hours of the morning" (for us) around 12:30 pm we left the garage and headed to Jones Beach. Having no real traffic we got there in a comfortable time. Got our stuff together and went down to a close proximity of the water.

The water was comfortable. That means not too cold but not too warm either. Abigail and I had a great time in the waves. And boy, did they come. We got dunked byn the waves several times but it was fun. Then the tree of us played ball and we just had a great time.

I'm sure we all got bitten by the sun but I am a great believer of a good suntan. To me having any kind of tan is better than not having any at all. Naturally this has to be done in a sensible way. I know I got some tan because I can feel it in my back.

We were there for about three hours then headed back home. Everybody was tired and worn out by the exposure to all that fresh and salty air but at the end it was good family time without any electronics present.

No comments:

Post a Comment