Monday, November 16, 2015

I'm Back


My last entry was on October 9 and today is November 15 and Sunday. Over a month went past and a lots of things happened to us. Nothing bad, all exhilaratingly good.

I took one of the biggest steps in my life and that step took a very long time. This last month was the finishing touch and believe it or not we are still not finished.

We bought a large new home for us and we are living there already. Writing it down it really looks simple but it was anything but. Some of my friends moved several times in their lifetimes as well as bought new homes, too. For me at least this was the first and hopefully the last time.

The purchase itself took forever. Maybe it was the normal course of events but we were impatient and to us it just never ended. It was like watching grass grow. Finally on October 27 we closed the deal and on November 2 we spent our first night in our new home.

I can not begin to say how excited I am about this entire thing. The is large and comfortable place. It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. It is in a very good location in a nice building. Both of our cars have parking meaning that we don't have to worry about street parking.

We have three bedrooms because our elderly friend decided to live with us. He is in weak health, very frail but expressed his desire that he wanted to live with us. Having no family and absolutely no friends there was nothing else we could have done but honor his desire and take him in.

That was why our move or moves were so difficult. We had to consolidate three apartments into one and believe me that was not easy.

My fiancée's son moved up from Florida and is now living in her apartment. The apartment that used to be our weekend hideaway. Some of her furniture is here and some are in storage. The same also happened to my stuff. Some are here while some are in storage.

We figured out that since we started a new life we should start with new furniture. So, we bought brand new furniture for our bedroom and living room. I must say everything looks just fantastic.

I am very excited about this whole thing because I never ever lived in such a spacious and beautiful place before. I am also surrounded by a loving family which includes my fiancée, Abigail and our friend.

The bottom line is that there is never a dull moment in this household and that is fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment