Saturday, November 28, 2015

Friday

There is another thing about the Thanksgiving turkey. And it is the next day turkey. Next day is good but by the fourth day it is getting a little boring. But anyway I don't think we have that much left.

Today is Friday and this is what they call Black Friday. One of the biggest shopping days before Christmas. We had some business to take care of in Manhattan and it was a pleasure to go in by subway. The trains came on time and they were all empty. So going into Manhattan and back to sunny where we live was pretty good.

Something else.

We still didn't close up my old apartment. My rent is paid for this month but I am really not looking forward to paying any more. On that note I called the landlord and asked them if they would release me from my lease that would not expire until next August. Worst case scenario I pay rent all the way through and then do not renew the lease. Good case scenario they let me out of my obligation with a little going away present.

Fortunately for me, the second option won. Monday I am supposed to hand over the keys and in return get a little traveling money!

So, tomorrow we have to go over and do a final clean up. I lived there since 1963 and went through a lot of good times and bad times. Honestly, I will be happy to leave and start my new life in a totally new environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment