Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Son

I mentioned earlier that my fiancée has a son who used to live in Florida. Well, a little while ago he decided he had enough of palm trees and sunshine and would move back to New York.

So he did. He packed up his belongings, hired a truck packed everything in it and drove it up to here. Since his mother and I were already sharing our lives under one roof he was lucky enough to be able to move into her apartment. That was the reason we had to relocate some of her belongings in order to make room for his.

He is a very resourceful and strong young man but we still helped with the unpacking/packing and moving. I have to admit it was a lot of work but at the end it was worth it. His apartment looks nice, our apartment looks nice and stuff we couldn't use were placed in storage.

Now back to the son. I am very glad that he is here near us. First of all he is a very nice and charming young man. Second, he is a computer "genius". At least in my eyes. There is nothing that he can not fix with the computer. And that puts my mind at ease.

In the past every time something didn't work I got panicky since I just don't understand the workings of a computer. I know how to turn it on and how to turn it off. Having someone like him nearby makes life easier.

He is also very handy. We decided to do the entire move by ourselves and honestly, we couldn't have done it without him. He was helpful, resourceful, strong and helped in every phase of the move.

When he came up to New York he started to look for work with all the major electronic companies (Apple, AT&T, T Mobile) and very quickly received offers from every one. Right now he is weighing his options which one to accept. Whichever he accepts I'm sure will be a good decision.

Him going to work will be our loss because it was good having him here with us and helping out.

If this happens I might have to start to do some work myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment