Thursday, November 26, 2015

Wednesday

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving day and that means that we will have turkey. I love turkey, at least once a year. My fiancée already started the preparations since we are expecting family here.

We plan to have turkey soup with all the gizzards then the turkey with stuffing and trimmings and at the end desert. The desert part is still a mystery. I love pumpkin pie but my fiancée will bake something additional. Her son's girl friend is a pastry chef by training and I think she will bake something special for the occasion. Can't wait for the dinner.

I usually watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade or parts of it on TV and will probably do the same tomorrow. Even though it is the same every year I still like to see it. Wouldn't go there but to watch it from the warmth of my living room is ok.

Something else.

Our old friend had a 2002 Honda that he didn't drive for a very long time. He kept it in the garage where he lived so it wasn't in terrible condition. The trouble the car had that when he drove it the last time, about six months ago he left the lights on and it killed the battery. When time came to move the car to where we live now we had to call AAA for a start. Car started an was moved.

A week later when we wanted to move it because of street cleaning it was dead as a doornail. We were trying to sell it but how do one sell a car that can not move? Eventually we found someone who bought it, I think for parts and finally this morning it was moved away.

One less headache to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment