Friday, November 20, 2015

Life as we know it.

I guess we are back in our previous routines. Today we practically didn't do anything. In the morning a few household chores and in the afternoon laundry. Since we are now four people living under one roof laundry is not a small task. Neither is taking out the garbage.

Since this is an apartment house we have something that is called the garbage chute. I swear I spend so much time out around that garbage chute that we are on first name bases already. Laundry is a different animal because we always did it together and we are still doing it the same way. Garbage on the other hand is my duty. I keep saying it that it is a man's job.

I am continuously going through lists after lists for address change. I never realized how complicated that process is and how many places need to be notified. I am not just doing it for myself I am also doing it for my friend so the job is double hard.

Some websites allow you to do it very simple some make it very difficult. But so far I prevailed.

My next serious assignment is more parental than anything I am used to. We are supposed to select high school for Abigail. New York City made it very simple. They sent a very thick book (abt. a million pages) with all the New York City high schools listed and we are supposed to use that to help in the selection.

Some schools are very competitive while some are not. Abigail has some ideas where she would like to go but us being the "smarter and more experienced ones" will make the final decision. And that has to be done by the end of next week.

Also Thanksgiving is a week away and that needs a lot of work. So, life is rolling along its merry way in this household.

As I said it before: never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment