Monday, November 23, 2015

Timeshare

Years ago I fell for the timeshare sales gimmick. I was made to believe that timeshare is God's gift to the vacationer. To a certain extent it is but on the long run it is a pain in the neck.

If one wants to visit the same resort every single year for forty years, timeshare is perfect. One's place and time of year is assured. Don't have to worry about reservations and availability.

I visited the same place for over ten times and I have to admit I loved it. But going to another place is an entire different story.

When I bought my current timeshare I was told that the company I purchased from has over 6,000 resorts in over one hundred countries. Sounds good, right?

This year we went to a different location and for next year we are trying to find another than the usual resort. It is unbelievable how difficult it is to find a decent resort in this country that has availability. We really don't want much. Sun, water and a nice place. Interestingly, nothing is available in the timeframe we would like to go.

This unavailability stretches from Hawaii through California across the country. So, I am kind of fed up with timeshares.

And being "true" to my principles, while we were in Las Vegas I bought a timeshare for my fiancé as a wedding present. This was a beautiful place and it was impossible to resist it. I am impatiently waiting for the time when we can go and stay at our new place in LV. It is really nice. That's the only excuse I really have.

No comments:

Post a Comment