Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Tuesday

Today is Tuesday and as it turned ot it was a fantastically beautiful day. Weatherwise I mean!

After several days of really crappy weather today turned out to be a dream. Naturally, since all my chores were completed I headed to the beach.

I guess because of the weather the place was more crowded than usual for a week day but I still found a place far from the maddening crowd.

The water was the best this season. It was warmish, silky and very pleasant. It was low tide which means one had to walk out pretty far from the shore for the water to reach at least chest high. I dunked myself in about three or four times.

Just before three o'clock I went in the last time figuring I'll dry out then head home. But I met somebody in the water whom I got to know a few weeks before and we started talking. And we talked and talked and then talked some more.

By the time I came out of the water it was four thirty and my fingers were all wrinkled like a prune. This is what we do in St. Maarten so I took this as my dress rehearsal.

And they say women talk. This was two guys and I didn't do all the talking! But it was interesting and informative.

So by the time I got home it was 5:30 in the afternoon. Boy, how time flies when we have fun.

Actually this was probably the last time I went to the beach this season because the next five weeks I'll be very busy and probably after being in St. Maarten for two weeks we will not feel like going to the beach again.

That's it, in New York Summer is over for me. But I'll still wear my shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment