Saturday, August 2, 2014

Friday

Time is flying by so fast it is unbelievable. Today it is already August first. More than half a year went by and before we realize it this year will be over.

In the 1960s I worked on various construction projects including the Flushing World's Fair. There I had a superintendent who was in charge of that particular construction job.

When we talked about scheduling certain aspects of the project he always said around the 10th of any particular month that for all practical purposes that month was already over.

That's what comes to my mind when I think of how fast time goes by. Seven months down five more to go and then we change the date. Just when I got used to write 2014.

Not that I am so fond of this particular year. I have no reason to be happy about it. Nothing good happened to me only sadness. Actually, now that I wrote this, the sooner this year is over the better.

In any person's life regardless how long that person lives there are years that are good and there are years that are terrible. And us being humans we probably remember most of it even if it is better to forget those.

I lived a great many years until now and I am no different. I will not list the good and the bad but I do know that I had years I would rather forget or I would rather they never happened. And the number of those years are more than I can count on one hand.

But that's life. Very few people are handed a guarantee that their life will be nothing less than wonderful. And, maybe that would be kind of boring.

Pain and suffering and heartache is part of living even if we think we would be better off without them. Maybe those things make us appreciate life joys a little more.

This is the end of my philosophy session!

No comments:

Post a Comment