Sunday, August 10, 2014

Saturday

My current car is a lease. This is my sixth or seventh car that I have been leasing.

It might not be the best or the brightest financial decision from my part but I like the fact that every three year I can get a new latest model automobile.

The last car I owned was mine for about twelve or thirteen years. Even though the upkeep of these lease cars is my responsibility, since none of them were kept for over three years the troubles are very limited. And most of them covered by their warranties.

Currently I drive a Hyundai Santa Fe SUV. I like the Hyundai and I like SUVs.

My present lease expires in December of this year. That means by that by that time I will have to decide if I want to keep this car or go on and lease another one. Given my age the next car would probably be my last car.

Thanks to the computer age all the car dealers in my area seem to know that my lease is expiring because I keep receiving invitations to visit their showrooms. They also promise to pick up my remaining payments, just get a new car.

My current problem is that I want a 2015 model year car. While many models already have the 2015 out, some even advertise the 2016, the Hyundai Santa Fe do not have the 2015 in their showrooms.

And, I am very hesitant to get a 2014 because it might happen that two weeks after I get mine the 2015s come out. Well, it is my money and I should spend it whatever way I see it fit, right?

So, I'll just wait. It supposed to come out before year's end. And the leasing company told me yesterday that I can keep the car a month or two after my lease is up if I am waiting for the new model.

Now, aren't they nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment