Monday, August 4, 2014

Sunday

Today I had brunch with my broinlaw and my sisinlaw in Manhattan. It was a good brunch and it would have been better if it were not in Manhattan.

Going in was great, coming home was great. Finding parking in Midtown where we originally wanted to go was a disaster. It was so bad that we decided to go back to the Upper East Side and have brunch there. What a difference!

Parking there was a joy, the restaurant was great, the atmosphere was good. So overall we had a good time.

My broinlaw is nice. We get together every few weeks for a Sunday brunch. We used to meet during the week but now that he is happily working we are restricted to Sundays. That's fine with me because I usually have nothing planned for Sundays.

I like to stay in and that way I don't have to fight the weekend drivers. I go out during the week when the pros are on the roads. In reality, not much different.

Both types drive like maniacs.

This coming Thursday I ave a defensive driving course scheduled. The last one was cancelled. I don't think we need to know defensive driving. The way people drive we should know offensive driving instead.

After I finish this course I'll let you know how it changed my driving habits.

Oh by the way, today Mother Nature was not that good to her faithfuls either. Maybe by tomorrow when they all go back to work she will be nicer to the senior citizens and unemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment