Friday, August 1, 2014

Thursday

Just to ease the suspense about my tires. This morning after the indicator light still showed low tire pressure I checked every tire and found the pressure in some lower than it should be. So, I went to a neighborhood gas station where there is free air available and filled all four tires to capacity. And after that the light went off and hopefully will stay off.

Who need this excitement, right?

Something else.

One of my good friends is leaving for St. Maarten this coming Saturday. Another and the rest of the gang leave next Saturday and humble me is planning to leave the Saturday after that. For me that's only two weeks away. How time flies.

St. Maarten airport should leave the red carpet on for these Saturdays because we will be arriving in a row.

The friends who are leaving now are going a week early hoping to get some quiet time before the rest arrive. Then at the same time, same flight we are going their family is coming down for a week.

I know who they are but never met them. I asked how many and what is their names so I might recognize them at the airport here in New York. So, she sends me three photographs where these people are on. I still don't know their names.

But I printed them out and plan to walk around the airport with the pictures in my hand attempting to identify them. They will probably think that I am some kind of bounty hunter looking for his catch.

But I think they have a picture of me too so we are destined to bump into each other.

Having only two weeks left before my trip I am slowly getting excited. First because of the trip and second the packing.

Even though I packed my things all the time I never had to decide what to take. Mi Wife always decided for me what shorts and shirts to take. Now that responsibility falls right on me.

And it weighs very heavily on me, I hate that kind of responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment