Friday, August 8, 2014

Thursday

Today was a very long and tiring day.

Today I finally took the AARP offered Defensive Driving Course. Now I am a certified defensive driver.

I took the course in one shot. That meant from 9 in the morning until about 3:30 in the afternoon with two short breaks.

It was a good turnout but looking around in the room I realized that some of the participants started driving with Henry Ford.

The session was long and boring. This is not a subject that could be very exciting. And the bottom line is that no matter how well and safely we all drive, many of the accidents are caused by others. And, there is nothing we can do about that to prevent it. Except don't drive, don't get in a car.

It is very interesting to see how stupid questions older people can ask. People who are driving for ever don't know the first thing about certain rules of the road.

When I looked around in the room I remarked to my friend that some of these people's licenses should be taken away instead of taking this course.

But the bottom line is money. In all honesty this course will not change anybody's driving habits. All it will do is to reduce the insurance premium by 10%. And some people admitted very honestly that that was only reason they were there.

There were times when I almost fell off the chair that by the way was so uncomfortable that had I been interrogated I would have admitted to anything.

I almost fell off the chair because after a few hours I got so sleepy that I was barely able to stay awake.

But heroically I pulled through and now done for the next three years. Can't wait for my discount!

No comments:

Post a Comment