Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 17, 2010

Today it was a pretty miserable day in New York. It rained all day, it was wet and gloomy. It was the kind of day when people would rather stay home with a good book in a nice warm environment.

It was a good day to catch up with things at home that were being postponed endlessly.

They say rain is good for the grass and good for the harvest. But since I don't have any grass and I don't harvest I really don't care for rain. Now, if this were all snow things would look a lot different. Everything would be cheerful white and people's attitude would be more upbeat also.

But for us the weather did not interfere with our program. I was the guest of honor at our annual birthday brunch that my brother-in-law was holding. Actually my birthday was a week ago but since everybody was fighting a cold the brunch was held today.

The crowd at the celebration was huge. All four of us. My wife and me and him and his wife. But it was very pleasant.

We went to an Italian restaurant in Manhattan that we know well. This place has a very nice and generous Sunday brunch menu. We all enjoyed it. We had nice conversation, ate well and drank well too.

Unfortunately my brother-in-law lives in Manhattan and we don't see each other as much as we would like to. So these little gatherings that are tied to some holiday or event are the only opportunities we have.

My wife and I both don't like Manhattan. It is overrated, parking is difficult and since we both worked there most of our adult life, now we can do very well without it.

We live in the suburbs where there are trees and grass and open spaces. Even golf courses.

===========================

Tonight they are showing the Golden Globe Awards on television. Since there was nothing else watchable we were watching it for a while.

I have a few comments.

Paul McCartney looks like a real ugly old women. He can have all the young girlfriends he still looks very feminine to me.

Cher was a presenter. She stood there stiff as a board. Afraid to move a muscle lest she breaks something. They never showed a close up on her so we couldn't see her face at all. She looked like Mortitia.

Many of the men were wearing ribbons in their lapels indicating help for Haiti. But the chief organizer George Clooney didn't have one. Why? Was he afraid that it would ruin his suit?

I'm sick of all these I love you, I love you, I love everybody here and I love the world nonsense.

They hate each other with a vengeance. They are jealous of each other and they just simply can not stand the others.

They always thank their spouses for whom they owe everything. Then they go and cheat with the other guy's wife or they just go and play golf which is pretty much the same thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment