Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12, 2010

Today was a very pleasant and lovely day.

We had some business to take care of in Manhattan so we went in. I never look forward to go into Manhattan. It is a nuisance.

At least getting in at midday is fairly pleasant but finding a parking spot for the car is a total disaster.

Our business was on the Upper East Side. Second Avenue is all dug up because they are constructing the future Second Avenue Subway. That means that parking is more restrictive than ever before and it moves at snail pace.

I was lucky because I found a spot for the car so we decided that rather than move it as we moved around we would leave it there.

Eventually we wound up in our favorite Hungarian restaurant and had a very nice late lunch there. By now the car was ten blocks away.

Rather than expose my wife walking ten blocks to the car I went to get it. On the way home we got entangled in the middle of rush hour traffic but knowing some side streets we made it home safely.

That was our day today. I am tired and my brain is mush. I have no energy to write a long dissertation about some earth shattering thought.

Maybe I am not tired just ate too much good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment