Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 27, 2010

Yesterday I saw on the news where a trainer from some ritzy New York health club described exercises that supposed to do more harm than good.

This is very interesting. My wife and I go and work out fairly regularly. Neither one of us want to look like Schwarzenegger but we just want to be in as good a physical condition as possible.

We also know a few professional trainers who did give us advice throughout the years and who regularly work out with people.

Their workout regimen does include some of the exercises the trainer in question advised against.

I am sure that the people we know are just as qualified or even more and if any of those practices were harmful they would not advise using them.

Any exercise performed exceedingly can be harmful unless one is a professional muscle builder.

This is the problem with the media. In their unending search for exclusivity they are constantly coming up with things that might be harmful, unhealthy, habit forming etc.

These are things we and our parents have been living with forever. Now they tell us they were all bad.

What about all those disgusting food or meal commercials on television? They are OK because those are the money makers. Some of them look so bad that I just want to upchuck my cookies when watching them. Olive Gardens, Chili's, Red Lobster, these are a few that show their stuff every night.

As long as I am talking about food. Can anybody think of anything more stomach turning than the advertisements on TV by these companies right after a good dinner?

When my stomach is full the last thing I want to see is more food on the screen. Last night we had Chinese food brought up. Granted I ate a little more, but it was sooo good!

Afterward whenever I saw food commercials I had to close my eyes. Not that they look very appetizing to start with but after a good dinner they looked right disgusting.

They are also making a big thing about school lunches.

Excuse me!

Kids don't get overweight because of what they eat in schools. They get overweight because of what they stuff into themselves after school. At home or on the way home, in the malls that is where most of the damages are done.

School lunches are not enough to create fat slobs. It's either the parents or the kids themselves who are responsible.

Close to where we live there is a Dunkin' Donuts shop and a high school. We go there for our afternoon coffees.

When school is out kids galore come into the store. They all buy their lattes with whipped cream naturally, and their various donuts.

These kids can become overweight on their own. They don't need any help.

No comments:

Post a Comment