Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25, 2010

I love animals. I probably said that several times in the past, but I like to re-emphasize it.

There is a panda in the Washington National Zoo that is expected to give birth any minute. It is viewable on a panda cam which lets anybody see it for five minutes at a time due to its great popularity.

It is very interesting. This cute panda mommy to be is not doing anything but sleeps and munches on bamboo all day long. Whenever she is awake all she is doing is munching.

I guess her interests are kind of limited to sleep, eat and sex. Not bad choices. It is almost like every red blooded American man's dream.

She is due but as of this morning there was no birth yet. But still it is interesting to watch.

Another cute video I saw was filmed in Antarctica. It shows a woman tourist and a curious elephant seal. It is a five minute show, and after watching it how can one not love that huge mass of blubber?

Click on this.

Remember, anything that is underlined can be opened up to another site.

And you thought this was just plain writing. Come on! I'm hip to today's technical advances!

1111111111111111111111111111

Today is Sunday. I think that supposed to mean that we should have sun. But the Sun is nowhere to be visible. It's been raining since last night. It is just a plain blah day!

At least it will get the car washed. I mean the rain will wash off all the dust of previous days.

When I continue this writing the rain stopped but the Sun decided not to show itself all day.

222222222222222222222222222

Anywhere one turns in the news there are various reports from every corner of the world about sex abuse of children by the clergy. This thing is growing with leaps and bounds. There are very few countries to date that are not mentioned and not affected.

I find it sickening to say the least that men of the clergy used their positions to abuse children for their own satisfaction.

However, I also have a few qualms about these claims. For one, why people are coming out now 20-25 years after they claim the abuses happened?

Because they are smelling money!

It is a common knowledge that we are living in a litigious society. For anything and everything people a suing. As soon as the smell of money can be sensed people start to come out of the woodwork.

Why nobody said anything for such a long time?

The other thing is that how come the great majority of the abuses were committed against boys? As far as I know all the priests are men. Men usually have interests in the opposite sex.

These abuse claims paint the clergy into raving homosexuals and pedophiles.

I am not saying that it would have been permissible to abuse young girls. No, that would have been just as terrible as doing it to boys. But still, it seems that men are coming out in large numbers with their claims.

I don't have full faith in any church. They all seem to be run more like businesses and political offices rather than what the charter of their original founders' was. But I am not ready to convict them at any of these claims.

When I was a young boy and had religious class in school, the only thing our teacher did, and he was well known rabbi, to spit on the floor in class.

We all thought that was the way all rabbis behaved so we just accepted it.





1 comment:

  1. I do remember Dr Smelcer Izsak spitting on the floor. I think we reported it to Petress. He was a pompous character always asking to bring our parents to the synagogue on friday nights.

    ReplyDelete