Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 27, 2010

I had a great day today.

For one thing the Market was closed and it seemed that whatever bad news there was it just didn't matter. That's how I like it. This is what is called the status quo.

But the other thing that made this day great was that I met two of my dearest friends.

This is the once a year get together we have with two very very longtime friends. We know each other for such a long time that it is almost impossible to imagine.

Thank God we are well and we are at all our faculties. We remember things some people would rather forget and we are genuinely enjoying recounting old times.

Each of my friends have lovely wives and fortunately they all get along well.

That is sometime a problem with childhood friends that their spouses don't get along or they do not approve the friendship or bond.

Thankfully it is not the case with us. Our spouses are intelligent women who realize the value of good friends and plus they just also happen to like each other.

So, we had a great time together. We talked, rehashed some memories, caught up with the events of the past year and in the meantime ate some good Hungarian food.

I'm not sure that the success of our gathering was not because of the good food.

This was the visit I mentioned in my February 22 blog. How time flies. It seems that writing was only the other day and actually a month went by.

I am not rushing for next year when hopefully they will be coming again but nevertheless I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment