Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 2, 2010

I am very upset today. They came out that due to the earthquake in Chile this earth of ours got such a kick in the butt that the days are now 0.00000126 seconds shorter.

That's 1.26 millionth of a second.

I had meticulously planned my days, now I am being shortchanged by having shorter days. Now, I won't be able to complete tasks that I wanted to do.

Now airlines will have a legitimate excuse why they are late. The hour is really not an hour long but 0.00000126/24 = 5.25 × 10-8 = 0.000000525 second less.

That's terrible!

***************************

Yesterday they announced the celebrity participants in the latest Dancing With The Stars season. It's a mish-mash of talents if anyone can call these people talented.

I can not fathom how a former astronaut who landed on the Moon can lower himself to the level of participating in this. If he is so hard-pressed for money I'm sure he could have found other ways than embarrass himself front of the country.

An Olympic ice skating gold medalist certainly does not need to expose himself to the wisecracks of those lame judges. I am sure there is a lot of promotional money in his future so why he agreed to this circus?

I'm surprised they didn't get Tiger Woods on it. But it is not too late.

This show is now bordering the insane. I think it's time that they discontinue after this season.

But money talks and if they can find advertisers with deep pockets the show will go on.

***************************

I hate to see advertisements, commercials with babies or toddlers in them. I am very surprised that nobody ever raised any objection about this.

These children appear in something without their knowledge or agreement. OK, they are too small to understand and agree or disagree but then do not use them until they get to age.

All these appearances are the results of stage parents who are convinced that their kids are the cutest and most beautiful.

To me, showing some unsuspecting babies crawling through a set in diapers while the announcer states that these diapers are better than the competition's, look very disturbing.

The same goes for the commercials showing babies "talking" thanks to computer generated mouth movements. This and all other the other ads are not natural and as far as I am concerned borders on child abuse.

Give me an ad with cute, cuddly puppies in it anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment