Friday, March 26, 2010

March 26, 2010

Why should I worry about Greece? Does Greece worries about me?

Yesterday the market went up over 100 points then it took a dive and finished only five points on the plus side.

And all that because they worry about Greece's debt problem.

I have a debt problem and I would like to know if Greece is worried about it. Probably not.

I don't understand it.

My wife and I frequently eat at two different diners. They are both owned by Greeks so we are really helping them. We probably do more than a lot of other Americans and I am sure Europeans too, are doing.

Then why should we lose money just because they happen to owe more money than they should have borrowed?

I like ouzo and I like moussaka. I liked Zorba the Greek and I like to throw plates on the floor. I am a nice person.

Then why am I being punished because Greece is having money problems?

Life is just not fair, is it?

That was yesterday, today is another story.

The market starts on the upside. Everything looks rosy. Maybe we can recoup yesterday's losses, we say.

Then the s..t hits the fan.

Some dumb ass boat driver in South Korea drives a warship to the rocks and sinks it. The world thinks that the evil North Koreans had their hands in it and the Market takes a dive, again.

Here is good old me being punished again but this time because of Korea. It seems they were afraid that this might provoke hostilities between the North and South Korea.

Later it turned out that this was not a hostile act but they did it to themselves. But it was too late to save the Market. After being up about 65 points it went negative and finished only 9.15 points on the positive side.

Why me?

I like Koreans.

I drive a Hyundai. The dry cleaner we give work to is Korean and we are on very friendly terms, the Japanese sushi buffet we like to go to is owned by Koreans but we don't hold it against them. So then why am I being penalized because something happens on the other end of the world?

I know why. Because the world is getting smaller and smaller. The world is now in our living rooms. Anywhere anything happens it affects everybody.

This is what global economy means: China eats the bad food and we get the diarrhea!

No comments:

Post a Comment