Monday, March 22, 2010

March 22, 2010

Yesterday the new healthcare plan was voted in by House of Representatives. I don't know if it is good for my wife me or if it is bad for my wife and me.

But, the news media is all over about what happened. They are interviewing people who claim to understand it and trying to sound very intelligent.

As a matter of fact these people sound so intelligent that nobody really understand what they are saying.

The only good thing that came out of it today was that the market closed up by almost 44 points. At this time that's all I care about.

Now back to the healthcare plan. They say that there are about 30-35 million uninsured people in this country. These people are not able to get medical insurance.

According to this plan everybody will be required to carry some kind of medical insurance and it will be enforced by the individual states. The funny thing is that at this time they have no idea how the states will be able to do this.

Smart people are making all kinds of predictions and suggestions but they really have no clue.

I know that ever since I retired I have to pay for our supplemental insurance that covers us over Medicare. This supplemental insurance provides a good coverage but it is not cheap. When I worked the company paid a portion of the premium but as a retiree I must pay the entire amount.

We receive no tax breaks for the premiums paid by us and in the past four years every year it was increased.

Living on a fixed income this premium is not a negligible amount. I don't know what, if any, changes or improvements this healthcare plan will do to us.

But I have a funny feeling that being the member of the lower middle class it will mean nothing.

It is not good to belong to the middle class. Members of the middle class never get any help from anyone. According to the politicians and all other authorities members of the middle class make too much to qualify for any kind of assistance.

Politically we don't count. Our votes are taken for granted so why bother to waste money on us.

The poor are the trump card. Politicians love to court the poor because that makes them look real, human and down to earth.

The rich, well the rich are running the establishment so they are not to be worried about.

Somebody will have to pay for all the things they are including in this new health plan. And I am sure it will be the middle class.

I suggest to start a new party that might be called the Middle Class Party. It would represent the, miracle of miracles, the middle class and only them.

No race, religion, sexual orientation would matter. The only requirement for membership would be that one has to belong to the middle class.

Not the poor class or the upper class.

It would be very interesting to see how fast the two ruling parties would start to reorganize themselves and start to take a look at their own programs.

As I said it earlier: if you not the lead dog the view never changes!

1 comment: