Saturday, August 1, 2015

Trip Prologue

I hate to dwell on things but I will dwell on my Florida trip.

Flying to Europe is a long and tiring process. I flew over the night and when we arrived to Stockholm we were pretty tired. Took a nap in the hotel and then we were good to go.

Pretty much felt the same way when I got to Florida. On the plane to Europe I slept very little and in the car I slept almost nothing. After we settled in our place in Florida we also took a short nap and that felt very good.

So now psychologically I keep telling myself that it is just like an overnight flight to Europe. And you know the second time this trip wasn't as tiring as the first time. I'm sure the third time it will be even easier.

Speaking about driving.

I love to drive fast but naturally in a safe condition. I95 down in the southern states is a dream. Straight as an arrow and the speed limit in most places is 75 mph. That means one can safely drive at a speed of 82-87 mph. And that is pretty fast. Yet, more than once we were passed by much faster going cars and trucks and even motorcycles.

Interestingly while one can hear news of accidents on the highways up here North we didn't see any on our trips on the way down and back. I guess those people drive better than the northern population.

I love to use the cruise control. When it was my turn to drive I just set it at 83 mph and let the car go. All I had to do was steer the car. I love to drive that way.

I love palm trees and I was excited about the prospects of seeing them again. Palm trees started to appear in South Carolina and slowly they became a regular appearance. Down in Florida they have much nicer palm than I ever saw in St. Maarten

Just a little funny note.

In the 1960s we took a vacation in Miami. I think it was in August. My aunt who lived in this country for a long time already said that going in August was not a vary good idea. It was too hot and the palm trees looked very tired. That's what she said very tired.

So, I told my aunt that since I never ever saw a palm tree in my entire life I couldn't care less if they were tired or not tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment