Monday, August 3, 2015

Sunday

Today is Sunday and we had a pretty full day. A good and full day. Even though our day didn't start until around noon but we still made the most of it.

I'll start at the end.

Microsoft introduced Windows 10. I had Windows 8.1 and I was pretty happy and comfortable with it. But did Mr. Gates care about that? No, he didn't! They still introduced Windows 10.

Now, my computer knowledge is limited to turning the thing on do a few things then shut it off. But thanks to my fiancé's son who is very versatile and knowledgeable about computers Windows 10 was successfully installed tonight. And he wasn't even here in New York. Did it remotely. The whole installation and cleaning up files and rearranging stuff took about three hours but now I can start to familiarize myself again with this new thing.

Who the hell needs all these changes? Just about when one gets comfortable with a system these computer Nazis decide to change things just to make our lives more complicated.

Everything is rearranged and I was very happy that I was able to find my blog. It wasn't easy but I did it.

Before tonight we decided to go into Manhattan. There was no traffic and we didn't go there in a long time. We went to the Midtown Macy's for a look see. Parking was easy and nearby so we just strolled in. There were about three million people in there but we still had a chance to walk around a bit.

After Macy's we drove Uptown and went to the Hungarian pastry shop for a little nourishment. It was a real shock that when we walked in around 4:30 in the afternoon the place was totally empty. As a matter of fact the young lady who worked there told us it was like that since around 11 in the morning. I have been going to this place for many years but never ever saw it this desolate.

Maybe its B Health Department rating had something to do with it. But Anyway we ate our two chestnut purees and left. I must say that the chestnut puree was fantastic. I had some in Budapest on my recent trip but this was as good as any I had there.

No comments:

Post a Comment