Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 8, 2010

I wrote an e-mail to Senator Schumer yesterday asking that how come the prices of gasoline at the neighborhood pumps are not dropping even though the price of oil dropped to $75 a barrel and is at its lowest in months.

I know that the price of oil is calculated by some complicated formula but it seems every time somebody hiccuped in Saudi Arabia the price here went up the next day. In my neighborhood regular gas is standing still at $3.19 a gallon all the while the oil price was dropping.

I am not expecting an answer from the good senator but I figured in case he has nothing to do here is something he can occupy himself with.

I am sure that the oil companies are doing their utmost through their lobbyists to have all the lawmakers on their side and giving them the opportunity to get away with this kind of highway robbery.

Hey, this is America, the land of opportunity!

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Why would anybody think that I will run out to a cosmetic store and buy an eyelash growing concoction just because Brooke Shields says it is good?

Well, hypothetically speaking. I am a man and I am very happy with the length of my eyelashes. But that is not the point.

The point is what are Ms. Brooks' credentials that would make her believable?

Kelly Ripa is a morning TV show personality. I am not really fond of her because I don't think she possesses any talent. Lately she advertises some appliances and also some supermarkets.

I don't think this woman would know how to use any of the appliances she advertises as well as would not know where the supermarkets are she is pushing.

So what qualifications she possesses that I should believe her and run to buy these appliances or patronize the supermarkets.

Who in his right mind will purchase any product advertised or recommended by an empty headed show business personality?

It is obvious that these people do not use any of the products they promote. As far as the beauty products go, their recommendations are totally without merit. These people get made up and prepared by high priced professionals.

Nobody in the world will look like them just by using their products. I know this is what the multi billion dollar advertising industry is built on, but they should realize that not everybody in this world is an idiot.

Anything said by any paid person on television about any product is a barefaced lie and a distortion of truth. Promoting any product and getting paid for it lacks honesty and credibility.

If a store manager (a real one) would advertise a particular supermarket I would be much more inclined to believe.

But Kelly Ripa? Please!


No comments:

Post a Comment