Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11, 2010

This is the 209th entry into my blog. That is a lot of writing. I am very impressed with myself. I never knew I had it in me to achieve such an accomplishment.

I am trying to do this every day but I know some days were skipped. So actually it is more than 209 days ago that I started this production.

I know I don't always make sense or that I may write silly things but hey, nobody is perfect! Anyway I pay the bills so it's my dime. Besides it makes me feel good doing this. At least I do something useful.

ÁÉÖÜÁÉÖÜÁÉÖÜÁÉÖÜÁÉÖÜÁÉÖÜÁÉÖ

In New York City there is a widespread infestation of bed bugs. These are small, elusive, insects. They live strictly by feeding on the blood of humans and other warm-blooded animals.

Recently apartment buildings started to check apartments for the presence of these pesky little things. Once their presence is acknowledged the apartment has to be thoroughly cleaned out by professionals.

It is a major headache because clothing, bedding and mattresses have to be thoroughly un-bed bugged. So, this is a complicated procedure.

That was why we were glad to learn that our building would conduct a check by individual apartments to make sure that we are free of these bugs.

Our apartment is always spotlessly clean but that is no guarantee since they can move easily from neighboring apartments from upstairs and downstairs.

Anyway, last week they came to check. It was very intersting. There was this guy and his dog. The dog was the cutest little beagle we ever saw. He was the expert.

Very seriously and bored, he walked through the apartment, yawned and went out. We were informed that we were OK since the dog found no evidence of bed bugs.

When asked the guy told us that this dog has been trained since puppyhood and the way he shows the presence of these bugs is that he sits down wherever he smells them.

He was very serious and totally professional. When we oohd and aahd on how cute he was he didn't pay any attention to us just continued with his work.

I later remarked that the difference between this beagle and us was that he had a job.

This is what I call an equal opportunity employer.

Good country America. Even dogs get a fair chance, and this was an American dog!






1 comment:

  1. I wonder was he an illegal dog and received no pay or did he get minimum wage? He should join the union and than he can go on strike and demand $50 an hour, travel expenses and marrow bones for a snack.

    ReplyDelete