Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 21, 2009

Nothing interesting happened today. It was unusually nice outside. Warm, sunny, real beach weather. Too bad it's late October.

I would have loved to wear shorts but my wife said I would be arrested if I show my skinny legs. So, I bit the bullet and, put on slacks, and shoes with socks. People don't realize how much I hate to dress up. When I worked and that was was for several decades, I always dressed up. Shirt and tie with a suit. Every day of the work week. Now, I would be perfectly happy to live the rest of my life in swimming trunks and shorts.

I have about 30 dress shirts in my linen closet that I can't wear now that I am retired. So someone smart suggested why don't I wear them during the week with jeans. Not a bad idea.

Our Chinese laundry started to celebrate last week. Until now our weekly laundry pack was pitifully small. Last week I brought down an additional three shirts. I'll tell the lady owner she can start making expansion plans because from now on there will be extra three shirts every week.

Who says the economy is bad?

===========================

Last week they (the City) started to resurface the street front of our building. It is unbelievably frustrating watching these people to work.

It is frustrating because they are making a lot more out of this than necessary.
First of all, they plaster the No Parking signs all over the area. Than the given morning before seven o'clock a car comes around with a loudspeaker announcing that everybody should move their cars otherwise they will be towed away. Then because the weather was questionable they decided not to work. So, there is this totally empty road, no traffic, buses rerouted but no one is working.

It is frustrating because I am convinced, being an engineer, that road maintenance crews are one of the most overstaffed crews in the business. These people are walking around, looking important and not doing much.

Now that the road is almost done I have to admit that the completed work is anything but good!

The funny thing is that there was nothing wrong with the road before the resurfacing. As a matter of fact it was better before than it is now. Somebody must have made a nice contribution to Borough Hall to have this work done.

I guess this was stimulus money.

No comments:

Post a Comment