Sunday, October 18, 2009

October 18, 2009

Today is Sunday, so I'll rest and relax. That means I will only write about one thing that irks me a lot.

Why is everything about children and not about adults? Both junior and senior adults.

I am aware of the fact that children are the future of the world but what about the present occupants of the world.

Why do I have to put up with obnoxious kids wherever I go? On the streets, in shopping centers, on the beach, on vacation and everywhere one turns.

No matter what they do we have to smile and say "that's OK, they are children". And look at the faces of their equally idiotic parents as the beam proudly at their kids' doings.

And God forbid a parent would raise a hand at their child! Some bleeding heart liberal would immediately report them to the authorities for child abuse. There is child abuse and there is proper and disciplined upbringing. The two are not the same.

My parents never hit me in anger. Yes, my mother disciplined me if I did something stupid. She smacked me in the mouth when I was 40 years old because I said something improper. And I didn't turn out to be any worse because of it. None of us "old timers", our parents or grandparents turned out too bad because of being disciplined.

When I was growing up it was unheard of for a kid to get a hissyfit because the parents would enter his or her room without knocking, or the parents did not keep the kids informed about everything that was going on in their lives.

I am not against children. We need them. They represent our love for one another, and they are our future.

But the world does not revolve around them.

We, adults are here now and, we made the world to what it is today. Good and bad and, we are taking responsibility for it.

We should be able to enjoy the fruits of our work without always making allowances for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment