Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 20, 2009

Today I will be a man of very few words.

Yesterday we purchased a new HD LCD television with a stand. At the time of the purchase we were told that it was very easy to assemble the stand and putting together the TV would take only 15 minutes.

Well, let me tell you. I spent the better part of the evening assembling the stand. Had to take it apart at least three times because I realized it was put together incorrectly. Now, everything is done the damn thing is standing. I'm ready to put the glass shelves on it. It turned out one of the pre-drilled things was off a little. Put the whole thing askew. I had to improvise in order to make sure the glass shelf will not crack.

This irks me a lot. It happened before when we bought something from the Bombay Furniture Store and some of the pre-drilled holes didn't match. How difficult can be to prepare the pieces so they would match?

Setting up the TV is another story. The manual never applies to exactly what it should apply to. I worked on it for hours trying to program it with no success. I programmed it and we are now seeing stations that never knew existed. Now we are waiting for the cable guy to come out and fix it.

Let you know how things turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment