Thursday, October 8, 2015

Wednesday

Today lacking anything useful to do we decided to look for furniture. I emphasize, it was just for the fun of it since we both have perfect furnitures.

Anyway we visited Raymour & Flanigan and Macy's in Queens and picked out very similar items. Being a young couple we naturally concentrated on bedroom furniture. Being both European we really liked the heavy wood furnitures both stores were offering.

We selected a platform bed, two dressers one with mirror and a night table. In addition at Macy's we also found a beautiful leather inlaid antique looking desk. We talked to a salesman and emphasized that we were just looking.

I am terrified of just looking. Every time I'm just looking I wind up buying the stuff. That was the case with most of my cars.

We priced both stores and at the end it turned out that we can get the Raymour & Flanigan stuff for about half the price Macy's was charging for theirs. And both stores have now the Columbus Day sale in force.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Macy's is not inexpensive at all. I think in the future I will curtail my purchases there.

It is a big problem that while it is easy to donate or get rid of used clothing, furniture is another issue. Charitable organizations are very selective of what do they accept. Whatever happened to the "beggars can not be choosers" saying?

I really liked the furniture we saw and if we could get rid of our current inventory I wouldn't think twice about getting new ones.

The new bedroom really looked very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment