Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February 23, 2010

To show off my superior intellect, the quote "I could a been a contender" comes from the 1954 movie On the Waterfront and it was said by Marlon Brando to Rod Steiger.

Click on the link and you'll see a five minute segment of the scene where these words were spoken.

It is not very easy to be so knowledgeable. My head is bursting with all the stuff stored in it.

That's why I have a swollen head which is far better than to have a shrunken head!

###########################

Today it is a miserable, dark, rainy day. By English standards it is probably a fine day for a walk outdoors but by our standards it is just plain yucky.

Since we have no business anywhere we decided to stay inside all day. Staying home is not the worse place in the world. Gives one time to catch up with things he wanted to do and kept postponing again and again.

For a very long time I wanted to do absolutely nothing and today I finally had the opportunity to do just that. This writing is about as much as I would do all day long with the exception that I fixed a scrumptious lunch earlier for the two of us.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

In physics classes I learned that ether evaporates almost instantly. Now I know something that evaporates even faster.

It is called consumer confidence.

The Market opened up at 9:30 this morning and five minutes later prices were up very nicely. Commentaries said that futures showed an uptrend and things looked good since several major companies came out and reported higher than expected earnings.

By 10:00 consumer confidence disappeared and the Market plunged and stayed that way for the rest of the day, closing at -100.97.

What would it take for that darn consumer to rebuild his confidence?

Maybe some tangible proof for a better economy to look forward to in our future!





1 comment:

  1. Must take exception to your negative comments on the English weather! You never been to England to experience it, how do you know? In its defence let me tell you, fog and smog virtually does not exist. Extreme cold or warm also virtually nonexistent, certainly not as in N Y. So there!

    ReplyDelete