Thursday, February 18, 2010

February 18, 2010

As I mentioned yesterday I went skiing. I had a great time.

It was very interesting. I left my home at 6 am and drove non stop to the mountain. It was a two and a half hour drive which I enjoyed immensely. Once the sun came up it turned out that there were no clouds in the sky and I thought I would have a nice clear cold day.

How wrong I was! When I got close to the place it turned cloudy and it started snowing. Actually it didn't start I drove into it.

All day long it was snowing and cold. It seems that some of these mountains make their own weather. They probably have an Indian witchdoctor on the payroll who performs the snow dance and then it snows.

Anyway this place was winter wonderland. It seems it has been snowing up there on and off for weeks now so there is no lack of the white stuff.

I didn't realize that that this week is a holiday week as far as schools are concerned. Monday was Presidents' Day which is a half ass holiday. That means that governments offices, stock markets, post office were closed while most private businesses remained open.

Anyway, this week being a holiday week the place was like a zoo. People and more people. Families with kids, families without kids and kids without families.

And they talk about recession! They should look at these ski places. When a daily ticket at holiday periods cost around $60 a person and a family of four visit we are talking about real money.

And, there are a lot of people at these times. The lift lines are crowded, the slopes are crowded. It seems there are still people who are not in the want.

I am an exception. Thanks to my "golden age" I ski for free. I was talking to some people on the ski lift on the way to the top and I said that there were not too many advantages of being old. But skiing for free is one of the few.

Watching the Winter Olympics I thought I try some of the tricks I saw on TV. They are not as easy as they look. As a result of it I decided I would not turn pro, I'll stay amateur.

All these things happened yesterday. Today every bone in my body hurt. It's not because I'm a sissy, it is because there was a lot of fresh snow on the ground and to me that is a lot more exhausting to ski than a nice flat, groomed surface.

But I'll survive and hopefully be able to go again shortly.

***************************

It is all over the news today and was yesterday that a certain golfer is planning some announcement for tomorrow where he will apologize for his actions.

Well, I am hurt. I will not forgive him no matter how much he will apologize.

This whole thing is a joke. This man should apologize to his wife and to his wife only. And if that stupid slut takes him back after what he did to her she is not any better than the women he did it with.

The saying that "a tiger doesn’t change his stripes" totally applies here. It will be just a little time before things will return to the same way as they were before.

"Graduating" from a sex clinic will not cure a person. It will just help him to hide the addiction.

But why he has to apologize? The public really don't give a damn what he does in his private life. All they want to do is see him play golf. It's the media that created this publicity circus about his affairs.

The old saying says the "clothes don't make the man".

Well, money don't make the man either.

3 comments:

  1. How do you know, the sex clinic will not cure him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Respond to previous comment: I know because I been there. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you needed it. At least you had some pleasure. (Before the cure, I mean.)

    ReplyDelete